Saturday, November 5, 2011

Grilled Chicken Wings - Teriyaki & Buffalo Lime

My wife and I were long overdue for a date night, so we planned to have a quiet night with the kids at Grandma's house, but my wife ended up taking my daughter to the doctor's for an epic sinus infection, so we didn't get our date until 8:00 that night. These sauces feature the Cholula samples that the Cholula company sent us to try. I've always been a fan of the Flavorful Fire, so it's been fun trying their other flavors. These wings would be great on game day, a holiday party, or just because.


Yes, that's steak too. I couldn't decide between steak and chicken, so we had both!

Recipe:

Medium High Heat
Grilling
20 minutes
2 Servings

Ingredients

  • 1 dash house seasoning
  • 12 - 14 chicken wing pieces
Coat wings in house seasoning and grill turning often until crispy and temperature reaches 165 degrees. Coat in sauces below.

Teriyaki Sauce
  • 1 tsp olive oil
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tsp chives, chopped
  • 1/2 cup soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1 tbs Cholula Chili Garlic sauce
  • 1 tsp seasame seeds
Saute garlic in oil, add chives, soy sauce, honey, Cholula Chili Garlic sauce and stir until boiling. Add sesame seeds and set aside to rest. Coat grilled wings in sauce, let rest, then retoss in sauce. Toss one more time right before serving.

5 stars

Buffalo Lime Sauce

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup Cholula Chili Lime sauce
  • 2 tbs butter
Melt butter in small saucepan, add Cholula Chili Lime sauce, set aside to rest. Coat grilled wings in sauce, let rest, then retoss in sauce. Toss one more time right before serving.

5 Stars

Bon Appetit! The Outdoors Start at Your Back Porch!

3 comments:

  1. Great use of the Cholula. Did you have a preference between the two wing sauces? The chili lime buffalo sauce sounds really good.

    I used the chili-lime last night in a great spicy mayo of 1/2 cup mayo, 1 roasted jalapeno diced, and 1 tsp of the chili lime Cholula.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the little one and good for you for following through on the date, YAY! Those look very yummy, we'll have to try Cholula.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Chris- I liked the lime buffalo best, and would have added some roasted peppers and lime wedges on the side if I'd had them. I actually made the teriyaki for benefit of my wife, who doesn't like really spicy foods, but she ate both and loved both. The teriyaki was good, but could have been thicker. Next time I'd add more honey and less soy sauce. Also, I think I'd not add the sesame seeds and then roll the wings in seeds on a plate after saucing.

    @Sassy, you won't be disappointed! Cholula classic (wooden top, natural color) is my hands down favorite sauce EVER! I got to try all 4 of their variety and I still love the original.

    ReplyDelete