Monday, September 5, 2011

Dutch Oven - Baked Chicken Marsala

There's nothing I love more than a good Marsala. I know this really isn't Marsala, but it comes close. Adding the cream makes it extra, well, creamy. It was pointed out to me by my best friends that we have not actually had Dutch oven with them at all this summer. Looking back, we'd only done Dutch oven once in June. We'd met socially, but no cast iron parties. So I remedied that with this dish. I hope you enjoy it, it was quite fun to make.


12" Dutch oven
375 degrees
Roasting/Baking
60 minutes
8 servings

  • 4 large chicken breasts, cut in half
  • 1 pint cream
  • 1 cup grape juice*
  • 4 tablespoons butter
  • 1 package sliced mushrooms
  • 4 cups chicken stock
  • 1 package pasta
Saute chicken in butter until browned on the outside. Add mushrooms and saute until sweated. Add stock, grape juice and cream. Mix until blended. Add pasta and ensure all is covered. Bake 30-45 minutes until pasta is tender and chicken is cooked, while the sauce is absorbed into the pasta and thick.



4 Stars
Bon Appetit! The Outdoors Start at Your Back Porch!

*As our religion doesn't permit the consumption of alcohol,  we substituted homemade grape juice for the wine. Your mileage may vary.

2 comments:

  1. Nice substitution on the wine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this recipe. I'm new to your blog but I will be back. I like the food and recipes you share with your readers and I enjoyed the time I spent here. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete