Tuesday, April 12, 2011

How-To Tuesday - How to Make Sizzling Fajitas

Don't you love it when you order fajitas at the restaurant and they come to your table singing a choir of sizzling goodness? Want that awesome effect at home? Here's how:


You Will Need:
Fajita pans or skillets. They have to be cast iron or you won't get the sizzle.
Chicken or steak, sliced into strips
Olive oil
House seasoning: 3 parts salt, 1 part pepper, 1 part garlic powder
Bell peppers, sliced
Onions, sliced
Cheese
Sour cream
Salsa
Fajita sized torillas, flour

Step 1. Heat the skillets on a barbecue or flame stove. You want a live fire, trust me, it will make them better. Add the oil and let it preheat. When adding oil, make sure there is enough to just cover the bottom of the whole pan.

Step 2. Add the meat and vegetables and sprinkle with house seasoning.

Step 3. Turn the chicken once and cook until browned and the juices run clear. The vegetables should sweat, but you could take the onions to carmelized. If you do, start the onions first then add everything else.

Step 4. Warm the tortillas on the top rack of your gas grill. This will soften them up and make them pliable.

Step 5. Turn the heat to high to get a good sizzle going, while making sure your table is set and you are ready to eat. Bring them in and serve them immediately. Most fajita pans have a wooden tray or basket to protect the table. If you don't have something, put a hot pad down.

Step 6. Enjoy the amazing restaurant-style fajitas with good friends and family.


Bon Appetit! The Outdoors Start at Your Back Porch!



6 comments:

  1. This looks so good. I love all these great ideas for the bbq. I'll have to get my husband right on this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you left off the peppers and onions, then, yes, I would gladly eat this dish. :-)

    Awesome post. Thanks for sharing, bro!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stie,

    Without peppers and onions, this is just grilled chicken. Try them this way... you won't even taste them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally amazing! I love this! I love that you can do it on a gas stove, too. =) Yummy. I will definitely be doing this! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! I need some fajita pans quick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was just about to buy some of those fajita pans because I love fajitas. I like to have some cumin and lime juice in mine. Great post.

    ReplyDelete