Sunday, January 9, 2011

2011 Housekeeping

Last year I made New Year's resolutions, and did about half of them. This year, I'm going to keep it simple. However, I feel that here on the Back Porch Gourmet, I did the readers a disservice by using the excuse that I don't cook with recipes and therefore didn't post quantities. I had a commenter over the summer expressed interest in cooking one of my dishes, and he wished I had posted quantities. I still am not going to post coal counts. I believe coal counting is the least reliable method of heat control. (For more heat control discussion see our post here, or buy our book here.) I am going to post temperatures, and I am going to have to guess a little. So if you try a recipe in your home oven and it burns or is still raw, please leave a comment on the post so we can all learn together!

I also noticed myself starting a lot of posts like "tonight we had so and so over and..." although its nice to see who our guests were, I think I will put more story into cooking, and maybe even do some research about the food I'm cooking. That may lead to less posting, or just a recipe, but if that's alright with everybody, I want to make it easier to roll the posts directly into a book.

I'm also open to guest posts. If you have a dutch oven topic you want to write about, email transcripts to backporchgourmet at gmail dot com.

I'm not going to change everything we do here at the Back Porch Gourmet, but a few minor tweaks I think will make it a better experience. If you see something you like, comment or rate, and don't forget to tell your friends about our site!

You can find us on facebook (in the sidebar), on twitter at twitter.com/dutchoventips, and email us at backporchgourmet at gmail dot com.

Bon Appetit! The Outdoors Start at Your Back Porch!

No comments:

Post a Comment