Sunday, December 19, 2010

Sauce - Alabama Barbecue Sauce

I've searched this world and now I've finally found it.

The best sauce in the world.

And I'm willing to share the secret. You're lucky I'm an open-source guy.

It's called Alabama Barbecue Sauce, and it's not even barbecue sauce.

I love paradoxes.

Recipe:

1 cup Mayonnaise
1 cup Vinegar
1 tablespoon Lemon juice
1/2 tablespoon Salt
1/2 tablespoon Pepper, black
1/2 tablespoon Cayenne pepper

Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl and chill for 2 hours. Store up to 2-3 weeks in a air tight container in the refrigerator.

This stuff is great. So far we've marinated pork chops with it, dipped french fries in it, put in on fajitas and quesadillas, and I'd drink it if I could. It's SO good!

5 Stars

Bon Appetit! The Outdoors Start at Your Back Porch!

1 comment:

  1. Except for pulled pork, Alabama sauce is one of my favorites too. Can't beat it on grilled chicken. The tanginess just rocks.

    I got my cookbook the other day, thanks! I'm looking forward to using it after perusing it.

    ReplyDelete