Sunday, October 31, 2010

Dutch Oven - Chuck Wagon Chicken


This is pretty easy--just dump in the ingredients and bake. Since I made bread dough this morning, I wanted something easy for dinner. I think I've hit a Dutch oven equilibrium. I don't always get to cook every weekend, but I still enjoy doing it. Lately, we've been very busy. With Halloween this month, I've had parties the last two weekends, and Dutch oven or grilling wasn't on the menu. I stopped doing the 'Wordless Wednesday' posts, mostly because I figured the readers of this blog would prefer quality over quantity.


Recipe:
10" Dutch oven
350 Degrees
Baking
60 minutes
4 Servings

4-6 small potatoes
2 chicken breasts, cut in half
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 pouch dry onion soup mix
1 cup water

Cut potatoes in quarters and lay in a 10 inch Dutch oven. Add 1/2 the onion soup. Add chicken breasts on top. Sprinkle remaining soup mix on top. Add cream of mushroom soup on top and add water. Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes.


4 Stars

Bon Appetit! The Outdoors Start at Your Back Porch!

No comments:

Post a Comment