Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Dutch Oven - Bacon Wrapped Trout


This is an old recipe, but a good one. We caught these beautiful trout last summer and I saw this photo while I was cleaning up my drive. We drove to the Granddaddy Lakes trailhead early in the morning, hiked our float tubes in, fished for 6 hours and hiked out. My Dad skunked us all with about 27, and I got a shameful 19. I kept these three. Since we fly fished, it was easy to catch and release. Every fisherman needs to do his part to conserve our resources.

Recipe:

10"-12" Dutch oven
350 degrees
Baking
30-40 minutes

Trout, cleaned and beheaded
Bacon
Lemon, cut into wedges
Green onions
Pepper

Clean and behead trout. Shake pepper on the inside of the body cavity and stuff with lemon wedges. Wrap fish in bacon and lay in 10"-12" Dutch oven. Lay green onions whole in oven for flavor. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes until fish is tender. Discard bacon, unless you like fishy bacon. Serve with fresh lemon wedges.

5 Stars

Bon Appetit! The Outdoors Start at Your Back Porch!

No comments:

Post a Comment