Thursday, August 19, 2010

Dutch Oven Challenge - Spanish Rice

Lately my hobbies have been battling each other. It's hard to be a family man, scoutmaster, and have time to do hobby things. I tend to go overboard and push things too the extreme. Like when I cooked Asian food for 6 weeks just to get it right. Lately I've been working on building a small robot platform that will simply avoid obstacles. I am finding out how challenging robotics is. Check out my adventures at my new technology blog.

I finally got around to cooking my Dutch oven challenge entry. If you haven't done yours yet, get it cooked up and contact me so I can post a link up here! The original challenge is here.

The 4 ingredients are:

Pork
Cilantro
Rice
and my wildcard:
Chives

The challenge called for a two dish meal, this is the side of rice, the main dish will follow.

Recipe:

12" Dutch oven
350 degrees
Baking
30 minutes

Rice
Tomato soup
Onions, diced
Garlic, chopped
Cilantro
Cumin
Green chilies
Water

Saute onions and garlic in 12" dutch oven. Add remaining ingredients and cover. Bake for 30 minutes until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.

*Unrated

Bon Appetit! The Outdoors Start at Your Back Porch!


*Neither I or my wife really like spanish rice. We thought we would try it again to see if we liked it. Who knows, this may be a 5 star recipe, but since we are biased, we leave the dish unrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment