Saturday, June 5, 2010

Product Review - Zaaschila Hot Sauce

We found these sauces at Walmart while looking for a different product (Cholula Chile Lime Sauce & Spice). Couldn't find the Cholula, so I thought I'd try these instead. I love hot sauce, and I usually peter out before habanero, so I thought, why not?

The chipotle cremosa sauce is very flavorful. It has a gentle kick, but a full flavor. Usually a hot sauce will have a great flavor, and no kick, or a great kick and no flavor. Not so with Zaaschila. The chipotle can be used as a sauce for steak, pizza, fajitas & tacos, or as a salad dressing. The only con with the chipotle sauce is that you will eventually run out of it and have to go buy more.

The habanero sauce packs a whollop. If you still have intact taste buds after the first bite, there is a great sweet & spicy flavor that lingers. I literally needed to eat a spoon of peanut butter to tame the flame. It was good on its own, but would also go great in soups, stews, chile & chili. It is very hot, so be careful. You don't want this stuff on your skin and definitely not in your eyes. Wash with cold water if exposed.

All in all, both sauces tasted great. The chipotle was gentler and would go well as an all purpose sauce. The habanero, on the other hand, packs a whollop and I would mainly use it in soups, chile, chili and stews.


Chipotle: 5 Stars
Habanero: 4 Stars

Bon Appetit! The Outdoors Start at Your Back Porch!

2 comments:

  1. Hello!
    Thanks a lot for your review. Hope you can try other of our products. You will love Guacamole Cremosa

    Zaaschila
    http://www.zaaschila.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guacamole Cremosa is also very tasty. It will sneak up on you and bite you if your not careful. Normally I make my own salsa with guacamole but the avocados were horrible at Walmart. I'm glad they were because I tried this salsa out. Again its not hot at first but if you keep eating it, it will add up like a bad loan! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete