Sunday, June 27, 2010

Dutch Oven - Thai Curried Noodles with Chicken


Holy cow. This was AWESOME! I haven't had food this good since this. Though, I didn't have heightened senses or see any of my dead relatives, it was cooking zen at its best. My family and I spent the last 4 days camping in the beautiful Wasatch mountains near my home. So, I have been cooking in the Dutch ovens for about 3 days solid. It has been really fun, but it reminds me how much work cooking like this is, especially when I don't have a kitchen attached to my cooking area.


Recipe:
12" dutch oven
350-400 degrees
Roasting
30 minutes

Chicken
Red bell pepper
Green bell pepper
Onion
Green onion
Mushrooms
Rice noodles
Coconut milk
Thai Spices:
-Curry
-Ginger
-Paprika
Salt
Pepper
Bean sprouts

Saute chicken until fully cooked. Mix in thai spices. Soak rice noodles according to package directions. Add coconut milk and stir briskly. Add noodles and vegetables and simmer until noodles are tender. Serve with bean sprouts if desired.


5 Stars
Bon Appetit! The Outdoors Start at Your Back Porch!

No comments:

Post a Comment