Sunday, June 6, 2010

Dutch Oven - Chicken Bean Soup


I sit in my warm house as the storm brews around me. Thunder crashes, frightening my children bursting loudly every few seconds. An hour ago, I was enjoying dinner with my family. Two hours ago I sat in the sunshine, a waft of soup hitting my senses every few minutes, but now I am huddled safe in my home, safe from the rain coming down in droves. Where is my time machine, my past? It is now gone, left to be replaced by the chaos outside. Yet, I am safe, dry and warm. I am protected.

Last night I soaked some beans, hoping that I wouldn't have an epic failure like last time. Everything turned out great, and the soup was very tasty. Now to do something about this weather...


350 degrees
12" Dutch oven
Roasting
1 hour

Recipe:
pinto beans
great northern beans
chicken, cubed
spicy garden steak rub
garlic, chopped
mushrooms, chopped
chicken bullion
celery, chopped
radishes, sliced
cilantro, chopped
pepper
water

Soak beans overnight. Drain and rinse. Saute chicken and garlic in spices. Add mushroom, celery and radish. Saute for 5 minutes. Add water, beans, bullion, cilantro and spices to taste. Simmer for 1 hour. Serve with cornbread.

4 Stars
Bon Appetit! The Outdoors Start at Your Back Porch!

No comments:

Post a Comment