Sunday, April 18, 2010

Stick Cooking - Bacon Bratwurst


We had my wife's parents over for dinner tonight. We decided to cook over the camp fire, since it has become my favorite cooking method since I built my fire pit. The best way to cook anything, is to cook it with BACON! Bacon makes everything better. Even bacon. If I had no regard for my health, I would make bacon spaghetti, bacon lasagna, bacon pancakes, bacon crusted bacon. In fact, I used to buy 3 sides of bacon and 2 sides of sausage at the commissary for breakfast every morning for a month! Thats 9 pieces of bacon and 2 sausage patties! My blood pressure skyrocketed, and I got pretty sick of bacon, so I cut back. This is a great way to dress up a bratwurst, sausage or plain old hot dog.

Recipe:
Stick Cooking
Hot Fire
10 Minutes

Bratwurst
Bacon
Toothpicks

Hot dog bun or deli roll
Sauerkraut
Mustard

Wrap bratwurst in bacon and secure with toothpicks. Put on hot dog stick and roast until bacon is cooked. Serve in a bun with mustard and sauerkraut.

5 Stars

Bon Appetit!
The Outdoors Start at Your Back Porch!

No comments:

Post a Comment