Saturday, March 6, 2010

Pit Cooking - Foil Dinners


I broke in my new fire pit, which is actually still under construction. It is basically a hole in my yard surrounded by castle stone. I will write up a full how to as soon as I install it. I started a fire with some small sticks, but unfortunately they didn't put out enough heat to cook the meal all the way through. So I heated up some coals and put them on top.

This is really easy to do, and great for camping. If you have a fire pit in your back yard, this makes a great dinner, with easy cleanup - you can eat right out of the foil and then throw it away!

Recipe:
Serves 4
1 pound ground beef
1 onion, quartered
2 potatoes, chopped
baby carrots
season salt
garlic powder

Divide ground beef into fourths. Lay out a sheet of aluminum foil. Form meat into patty, placing on the foil. Add onion, potatoes, carrots and seasonings. Wrap foil tightly and wrap with second piece of foil. Place foil packets in coals for 10-15 minutes per side. Serve with ketchup or steak sauce.

4 Stars

Bon Appetit!
The Outdoors Start at Your Back Porch!

No comments:

Post a Comment