Sunday, February 21, 2010

Dutch Oven - Classic Peach Cobbler

This weekend has been a good weekend of "Cooking Zen". Last night I cooked the best food, I was definitely on 10. This is part III of last nights dinner party with Eric and Heather. I've been friends with Eric since high school and we've had a lot of fun together.

This is my best cake yet. The other two flops had too much liquid, or didn't mix well so it was a pot of cake mix. Avoiding the second problem, I mixed the cake mix ahead of time. It turned out so awesome! The cake was nice and fluffy, and the fruit mixed with the cake mix in the bottom and it was kinda creamy, like a pudding cake.

Recipe
350 degrees
Baking
10" Dutch oven

Oil
Yellow cake mix
2 cans peaches
Water
2 eggs

Mix cake mix according to package directions, withholding one egg. I found it best to mix the cake in a plastic zip top bag and then you have no mixing bowl to clean. Dump peaches including liquid in bottom of 10" oiled dutch oven. Top with cake mix. Bake for 60 minutes at 350 degrees until the cake is golden brown and passes the toothpick test.

5 Stars

Bon Appetit!
The Outdoors Start at Your Back Porch!

No comments:

Post a Comment