Sunday, January 31, 2010

Dutch Oven - Spiced Peach Cobbler


This time I thought I sunk to an all time low. Now, who puts gatorade in a cobbler? Who puts gatorade in any cooked dish? Well, I decided last minute to bake a cake, and I had already added the peaches and cake mix and then realized I needed more liquid. Usually I would add a can of soda, but we didn't have any. So, I added the only sweet liquid I could find. It actually tasted really good, and you couldn't taste the gatorade. This is the first time I've cooked a cake successfully in a long time.

350 Degrees
Baking
10" Dutch oven

1 Spice cake mix
2 cans peaches
1/2 bottle gatorade, purple flavored

Add peaches to greased dutch oven. Sprinkle cake mix on top. Add gatorade and stir to mix the cake mix. Bake for 30 minutes. Serve with vanilla ice cream if desired.


4 Stars

Bon Appetit!
The Outdoors Start at Your Back Porch!

No comments:

Post a Comment