Sunday, January 31, 2010

Dutch Oven - Italian Stuffed Pork Chops & Potato


In an effort to push the envelope even further here at the Back Porch Gourmet, I made Italian Stuffed Pork Chops. I used really thick cut chops that we had in our freezer. It turned out really well, and the tomato bruchetta stuffing really gave nice color contrast. One of my scouts stopped by during dinner to pick some stuff up and said it really smelled good, so I guess that is a compliment!

I'm really getting used to the efficiency of my volcano. This is the first meal that didn't stick to the bottom too bad in a while. I'm not saying I burn dinner every time I cook, but I've just had too much heat. Using less coals really did the trick.


Recipe:

350 degrees
Baked
12" Dutch oven

Thick pork chops
Olive oil
Bread crumbs
Asiago cheese
Mozzarella cheese
Bruchetta
Dried garlic
Italian salad dressing mix
Mushrooms

Potatoes, cubed
Milk
Parsley

Mix bread crumbs, asiago cheese, mozzarella cheese, bruchetta, dried garlic, 1/4 the italian salad dressing mix, and mushrooms in a mixing bowl. Bread pork chops with bread crumbs. Cut a large slit in the side of each pork chop almost to the other side. Stuff the chops with the filling mixture. Add potatoes, milk, and remaining salad dressing mix to a greased 12" Dutch oven. Toss with olive oil. Place the stuffed pork chops on the potatoes and add the remaining mushrooms. Top each chop with the remaining stuffing mix and sprinkle the dish with parsley. Bake for 30 minutes until meat is cooked thoroughly and potatoes are tender.


4 Stars

Bon Appetit!
The Outdoors Start at Your Back Porch!

No comments:

Post a Comment